PanaVise for iPad


We use a topo map application loaded on an iPad on our trips and have wanted to mount it. I use the iPad everyday so I needed a way to be able to install and remove it easily, which won't be often since we'll just be using it on the trail. The other criteria to this little project; I'm cheap.

From our local emergency vehicle supply store I found a PanaVise mount at $29. From Lowe's I sourced a 4x5" tin plate and industrial Velcro for under $6 and put this together.

It's been rock solid. Just below is the CB install that went in about a year ago.

Used along with a Garmin GPS and the pictured iPhone with the Tiltomter app we can navigate with updated USGS maps pinpointing our location without wifi or cell signal.

Popular posts from this blog

Roof Rack

Old Man Emu HD